Popular Posts

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Some Favorite Fishing Quotes and others...

These are some of my favorite quotes about fishing. You can read more of these on the "quotes page" at www.crosscurrentguideservice.com

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach

"I've gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water."

William Tapply

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot." Steven Wright

"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business." Sparse Grey Hackle

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

"I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't." John Gierach

"Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..." Harry Middleton

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." - Doug Larson