Popular Posts

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Is Your Upper Delaware River Fishing Guide Legit?

When you hire a guide on the Upper Delaware or anywhere else, don't make assumptions, check to see if your guide is licensed.

On the Upper Delaware guides are required to be licensed by up to three entities. 

On water that is 100% in NY, a NY guide license. 

On the border water of the West Branch and the Main Stem, a NY guide license is needed, and a PA license is needed to launch or take out on the PA side. 

On the main river a National Park Service license is also required.
National Park Service/Upper Delaware Scenic & Recreational River: http://www.nps.gov/upde/planyourvisit/fishingguides.htm

PA Licensed Guides List: http://fishandboat.com/chboat.htm

NY State Guide Licenses can be checked here:  http://www.dec.ny.gov/cfmx/extapps/DECLicensedGuide/index.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.