The prestigious "Best of Show" awards at the at the International Fly Tackle Dealer (IFTD) trade show in New Orleans, LA have been announced by MidCurrent and Angling Trade magazine.
These awards are given in 24 separate categories for new fly fishing products that will be available in 2012. The following is the list of all the category winners:
Best of Show—Simms ProDry GORE-TEX Jacket, Bib, and Pants
1. Best Outerwear—Simms ProDry GORE-TEX Jacket, Bib, and Pants
2. Fly Rods, Freshwater—Sage “ONE”
3. Fly Rods, Saltwater—Sage “ONE”
4. Fly Reel, Freshwater—Hardy “Ultralite” Fly Reel
5. Fly Reel, Saltwater—Nautilus NV “Monster”
6. Fly Lines, Freshwater—Scientific Anglers Mastery Textured Trout Stalker
7. Fly Lines, Saltwater—Airflo “Ridge” Floating Clear Tip Tropical Fly Line
8. Eyewear—Smith “Chief” with Techlite TLT Lenses
9. Wading Gear—Simms Freestone Stockingfoot Waders
10. Women’s-specific Product—Redington Women’s “Sonic-Pro” Waders
11. Youth-specific Product—CasTarget by The School of Fly Fishing
12. Eco-Friendly Product—Korkers Metalhead Wading Boot with “Svelte 2” Soles
13. General Apparel—Buff “Bug Slinger” Series UV
14. Fly Pattern, Freshwater—Jay Zimmerman’s “Texas Ringworm,” (Umpqua Feather Merchants)
15. Fly Pattern, Saltwater—Fish-Skull “Crafty Deceiver”
16. Fly Tying Material—Fish-Skull “Sculpin Helmet”
17. Fly Box/Storage System—Montana Fly Company “MFC Waterproof Boat Box”
18. Book—Fifty More Places to Fly Fish Before You Die, by Chris Santella (submitted by Angler’s Book Supply)
19. DVD—“Musky Country Zero 2 Hero” by Robert Thompson (submitted by Angler’s Book Supply)
20. Personal Watercraft—Water Master “Kodiak” Loaded Package
21. Gift Item—Montana Fly Company “MFC iPad Folder”
22. Luggage—Fishpond “Bumpy Road Cargo Duffel”
23. Accessory—Loon Outdoors “Nip & Sip”
24. Chest Pack/Vest—Rising “Flask Pack”
In its simplest form, etiquette is nothing more than doing the right thing at the right time for a particular situation. Some of these ru...
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is launching a web-based discussion forum to gather public input on how the...
ASMFC Atlantic Menhaden Board Initiates Addendum to Increase Abundance and Spawning Stock Biomass Arlington, VA – The Commission’s Atlanti...
Beginning February 1, 2014 the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is decreasing sporting license fees. This pric...
When you hire a guide on the Upper Delaware or anywhere else, don't make assumptions, check to see if your guide is licensed. On the...
It’s been an excellent water year so far and that's resulted in some very good drift boat fishing on the Upper Delaware. The Main Ste...
Alexandria, VA – The Commission’s Atlantic Striped Bass Management Board has initiated development of Draft Addendum III with the goals of r...
Bill confirms outdoor recreation industry is a significant economic drive The bill, known as the Outdoor REC Act, passed the House...
Summer Trout Fishing on the Upper Delaware River It’s been an excellent water year so far and that's resulted in some very good fish...
Low, turbid water poses a risk to spawning trout Anglers: please don't fish the Esopus Creek from the Shandaken Portal to the Asho...