Our favorite fish is under more pressure than ever, and Stripers Forever, a free membership, internet-based organization, is fighting to conserve striped bass by ending the commercial fishery and managing the resource for personal use/recreational fishing. We need as many members as possible to show the politicians how many people depend on striped bass for recreation, food, and income.
If you haven't signed up yet as a member of Stripers Forever, here are a few things you should know:
- Membership is free – no dues
- There are no meetings to attend
- Everything is done via the internet and e-mail
- Many of the top fisherman in the country support Stripers Forever
- Stripers Forever’s only goal is to conserve striped bass by designating them as game fish, which means they would be managed for the benefit of the recreational fishing public, now and in future generations. Game Fish management has saved and enhanced the fishery for a number of species around the United States, and stripers are already game fish in 6 of the 13 states that make up their East Coast migratory range.
Here is all that you have to do -- it will take less than a minute and costs nothing:
- Go to www.stripersforever.org
Select “Become A Member”
Fill out the very easy to follow sign-up sheet.
- If you aren’t sure whether or not you are already a member, sign up anyway. Our membership software only allows one membership per e-mail address, so you won’t receive redundant e-mails. If you signed up in the past but changed e-mail addresses you need to sign up again.
While you are on the SF website, poke around a bit. You’ll find a wealth of information about what’s going on with this fishery.
Thank you. Brad Burns - President of Stripers Forever